Rinske’s Cheesemaking Tutorial
Ever wonder how Rinske DeJong makes her award-winning Farmstead Cheese and Organic Gouda? You will be amazed at how much goes into it.
- 330 gal Working Cows Dairy organic grass-fed milk
- non-GMO vegetable rennet
- First thing in the morning, we sanitize the cheesemaking equipment.
- This is done while the organic milk is being pasteurized.
- Pumping over 330 gallons of pasteurized organic milk. Culture is added and rennet.
- Wait for it all to thicken into curds. A "Clean Cut" means we are ready to cut curds.
- Cutting curds that make organic cheese.
- Curds settling to the bottom of tank before draining some of the whey.
- Draining off the whey.
- Stirring the curds.
- Cooking the curds.
- Draining the curds into a vat where we can fill the molds
- Filling the molds.
- Pressing the cheese.
- Resting the cheese overnight.
- Organic Gouda goes into a brine bath.
- Turning Gouda cheese in the brine bath after 18 hours.
- Drying the finished cheese.
Aged Gouda (Pasteurized)$18.00
Celery Blend Farmstead Cheese$18.00
Italian Blend Farmstead Cheese$18.00
Chive & Onion Farmstead Cheese$18.00
Aged Gouda Nettle Blend (Raw)$18.00
Aged Farmstead Cheese$18.00
Farmstead CheeseboardProduct on sale